Saturday, October 1, 2016

Here's to the Month of October

       It is finally the month of October and I feel like I've been waiting for this since the beginning of August!! Although it is still near the 80s down in the valley I can feel the fall weather coming! I'm not sure how many of you love Halloween but I think it's safe to say it is one of the more popular holidays. Not only do you get to decorate your home for Halloween but for the Fall season in general!
     Pumpkins, ghosts, sparkly stuff and scary skeletons not to mention food! You also get to cook and bake for the festivities! Recently on my home front we've been adding Pumpkin Spice to a few things. Muffins, Pancakes, Oatmeal, Squash Casserole, and Gingersnap Cookies that turned out amazing! I'm not one for too much cooking but I love interior design. Anything that gives me an excuse to decorate is alright in my book. The month of October falls into my book :)  Usually I decorate the whole month of that holiday if I do it at all. This year I plan to completely replenish my Halloween/Fall decor and I couldn't be more excited! I love the colors of fall, greens turning to shades of red, yellow, brown, and orange. These colors are so easy to work with and it's fun! It's all about mindset, create the world you love. Surround yourself with things that are inspiring. Fall is a beautiful time of the year, get outside enjoy it while it's here. Have a wonderful Saturday and thanks for reading! :)
                                                                                           
Gingersnap Recipe
  • 2 cups Almond Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
  • 3 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
  • Dash Sea Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Tsp of Powdered Ginger 
  • 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg 
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Add all ingredients to bowl, stir. Dough may appear crumbly, that's OK simply place it in saran wrap and put in the refrigerator for about 10 min. Roll dough out in saran wrap. Cut cookies into whatever shapes you would like. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 13-17 min or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 min. Use powdered sugar on top if you would like. Best with Tea or Coffee.
                                                    ~ Camberlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment