Thursday, August 4, 2016

Coffee Tastes Better With Maple Syrup

      For all you coffee lovers out there that choose not to drink your coffee black I have a life changing recipe that is healthier than creamer!!! On muggy mornings like today a cup of coffee or tea is a must. I try to switch it up between the two to avoid caffeine headaches, today was most definitely a coffee day :) I personally don't like to buy already ground up coffee, instead I buy a bag of coffee beans as little or as much as I want and I grind them up myself. I try my best to keep it local and lucky for me Colorado keeps it local. I also Keep my beans in the refrigerator to preserve freshness

    The coffee grinder I use is a basic "Mr.Coffee" one from Wal-Mart with just the 3 settings. There are more advanced ones you can choose to your liking but this one gets the job done. I also got my coffee press from Wal-Mart, same brand but there are also more advanced ones. I found a nice one at Target that i'm planning on purchasing at one point or another but for now as long as I can press my coffee i'm good! In my house I'm lucky enough to say I'm the only one who drinks coffee so these smaller devices work perfect for me! After Boiling water and grinding up whatever flavor beans I want my coffee is almost ready! I don't like to use creamer, white sugar, or ,milk in my coffee.

     I usually drink it black or instead use a little bit of raw maple syrup and a sprinkle of raw sugar. Depending on how sweet you like your coffee add more or less to your liking. I love it when my friends come over for coffee because most of them expect the raw, healthy, "hippie" stuff and when they love the coffee and love the maple syrup in it I am beyond pleased. It's always nice inspiring people on to a healthier way of living. Reach outside your comfort zone and try it!!!! You won't be disappointed it's deliciousness!!
                                                ~Camberlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment