Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Take A Day And Get Away

       Sometimes life can be stressful. So many things you would like to get done in a day and not enough time to do them. I'm constantly trying to do a hundred things at once, I'm easily distracted and love to do more than one project at a time. I would love to call myself a multitask-er but on some days I just don't want to do anything. On these days I like to take time out for myself and relax or go hiking get some fresh air. I am so blessed to live in the beautiful state of Colorado where there are endless hikes and beauty to see wherever you go.
        The other day a few friends and I decided to take to the road and venture the hour drive to
Hanging Lake, CO
 Glenwood springs. Known for their amazing hot springs and hiking this was exactly what I needed to relax. We started the day off with Hanging Lake http://www.visitglenwood.com/things-to-do/hanging-lake a 2.4 mile round trip hike to one of the most beautiful natural landmarks in the state. This thriving hanging plant community is truly amazing and worth the hike. Not to mention it's really good exercise and the view is amazing. After this 2 hour hike mostly up a mountain (depending on how fast or slow you go) we are all feeling it. All I want to do at this point is relax my muscles. Well good thing we were in Glenwood Springs, which happens to be full of relaxing hot springs!
        Next destination Iron Mountain Hot Springs http://www.ironmountainhotsprings.com/. Newer to Glenwood Springs, opening July of 2015 this place has everything you would want for a nice relaxing day. With 16 pools connected by heated path ways you will be sure to find just the one your looking for. The pools all range in temperature from 102-108 degrees and when you get to warm you can always take a dip in the large pool that's chilling at a perfect 98 degrees:) My experience at Iron Mountain was amazing and I will frequent this place more often. 
Iron Mountain Hot Springs
Last stop of our adventure Yampah Spa!  http://www.yampahspa.com/. More than 150 years old Yampha Spa has body treatments, mineral baths, massages, and vapor caves!! In our case we were there for the vapor caves. Never being in one before I didn't know what to expect. At first it's almost as if your heading into a dungeon, and than all of a sudden it's 98 degrees, increasing to 110 and all you can smell are minerals. Naturally this untreated ,therapeutic water contains 34 minerals and trace elements that are so good for the body. These caves are also wonderful for skin detox and muscle therapy. If you are in Glenwood Springs hiking or just exploring I encourage you to take time out for the vapor caves. Your body will thank you, especially after a long hike. Taking time out for yourself is very important. Doing something like hot springs and vapor caves is especially good for your mind, body, and soul. If you have never been in a vapor cave or soaked in hot springs I strongly suggest you try it!!    
             ~Camberlynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment