Thursday, August 11, 2016

LiVe MuSic and a PhOtOsHoOt

     Good Morning early Birds!! It was a long weekend followed by a nice drive through the mountains to Denver where I would spend my next 3 days. Most people dread driving, I do not. I actually enjoy being in my car away from everyone else listening to music and hanging out in my own head for a while. Usually I find myself listening to Dirty Heads, Soja, Slightly Stupid or Rebelution, sometimes making a drastic change to country music or classical. I literally listen to everything, but those four are my go to favorite! The drive alone to Denver makes me want to just crank up my music hit the cruise and drive across the country. It's only a three and a half hour drive that to me really only feels like two. The scenery is amazing and if your lucky you will get caught in traffic and be able to breath in some of the mountain fresh air! That's the best part of being stuck in freeway traffic :)
Photo by : Jenna Larkin
       Do you want to know what I love about Denver? The fact that there is always something going on! Every night of the week there is live music, and you can't beat the random characters you find around this city!!! Denver is truly inspiring :) This time when I was in town we ended up at Scruffy Murphy's Irish pub downtown on Larimer street!!!http://www.scruffymurphysirishpub.com/ There were a few live bands playing including Silver, Dammit Jim, Three Grams, Then I fly, and my friends band Ballistic Biscuit. Most of these bands were punk with a few rock ones in between. I told you I literally listen and love all music!! The energy from live shows is so real and raw it will keep you coming back for more every time :)


Photo by: Jenna Larkin
         Aside from being able to hang out downtown and listen to great live music I was actually in town to do a photo shoot with one of my very talented and best friend Jenna :) We are both originally from Wisconsin, where she went to Platteville University for Graphic Design and Photography. Now she is just killing it with everything she does!! https://www.behance.net/jlark I have recently decided that I want to try and give modeling a shot. I have always been interested, and have been told I am very photogenic, which after this shoot with Jenna I may have to agree :) We decided to keep it simple and do the shoot at her house. She has amazing brick walls and a nice backyard.

Photo by : Jenna Larkin
           We were't trying too be to fancy just get some nice head shots, with a more natural look to them. To say the least we were stoked after every set we did!!! I was soo shocked and impressed with myself I didn't even have words. Coming from someone who has never had family photos or senior pictures taken ever this was life changing!! I could photograph well and I was easy to shoot. I strongly believe putting yourself out there is the first step. Lucky for me I was able to do this shoot with someone I knew which made it slightly less nerve racking but still there is pressure to being in front of a camera trying to "model" when you aren't exactly a "model". Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled with all of the pictures and I can't wait to start shooting with more photographers!! My Denver trip was a success and I can't wait to share all the pictures we took!! If anyone reading this has any advise for an aspiring model or knows of any good photographers in Colorado please feel free to comment, I would love the feedback. Thank you for reading and enjoy the rest of the week!
                                                        ~ Camberlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment